Personally, I never found the loads made specifically for turkey to be all that much better than standard pheasant loads, unless you're wanting to get every bit of range possible out of your gun. If drawing a tag is that rare in your state than the cost and time spent patterning those loads may be worth it to you however.

I've killed probably 20 toms with a shotgun (which isn't a whole lot by some standards) and easily as many hens with 20, 16, 12 and 10 gauges. I tried several heavy duty turkey loads and while they work great, they didn't work any better than normal #6, #5 or #4 pheasant loads all with a regular full choke. I've even killed a few with the modified choke. No issues, to 50 or so yards.

I prefer a rifle overall though, but somehow doubt you can do that with your tag if you're asking this question.

Good luck with whatever you choose, but don't stress about it. It's really about like choosing which bullet to shoot deer with. Pretty much everything works, unless you're testing the extremes of ranges or equipment.