Originally Posted by WillARights
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've killed turks with ordinary #6 12 gauge Remington Express loads through a plain old full choke at 35-45 yards too many times to count. You guys with your magnum 12's, whiz bang tighter than a rats azz chokes and super duper magic turkey loads crack me the fugg up. You don't have to make a turks head look like a window screen to kill it.

My sentiment as well. Just use a regular hunting load. Although I would never begrudge anybody trying to get it down to a science and as much of a certainty as can be done for success.

I just grab a gun, get out there, plunk down and start calling.

If i have a hole in my pattern, or misjudge the distance,the Dinosaurs win that day.
One time, I didnt pull the trigger on a bachelor group of three strutting gobblers I called in cause I just wasnt sure how far they were. My barrel blotted all three out, so I let them walk. Got a kick out of foolin them with my calling though.

Some days hurt more than others when nothing is seen or heard, and theres no shooting. But somehow, it never kept me from going back out.

I just like the competition, guessing game, and intensity.

Great post. A lot of guys go to extremes, when some of it isn't necessary. Learning to call them in close enough and keeping yourself concealed well enough makes all the difference in the world. I remember calling birds in to within 75 yards and having them say fu ck you, this is all the further I'm coming in. No amount of choke or load will help you out in this instance. I remember killing a big tom with a heavy trap load once, but he was within 25 yards of me. I've also taken one out that flew right above my head when a friend uphill scared a flock toward me. I was using grand dad's old 30" sterlingworth that time and it worked just fine. I've also spotted and stalked and ambushed the sob's too. Learn to hunt them and you got it made... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA