A friend of mine that passed away a few years ago had a pretty good gig. For about 20 years, from about 1965 until 1985 he owned a successful strip club in San Francisco.

Besides making a pretty decent living, money-wise, he said that hardly a single day went by that he didn't have some pretty young thing knocking on his office door, begging to take off her clothes and apply for a job by demonstrating her dancing talents and showing off her assets right there in his private office. I suspect that some of the interviews got rather in-depth.

Surprisingly, some of these girls were accompanied by boyfriends or husbands, urging them on. Apparently the guys couldn't wait to brag to the world that their girl was hot enough to be a paid stripper.

He laughed when he told me that the guys that most wanted their girl to get the job brought in the least attractive or overweight girls and he could tell that it was almost all the guys idea. I guess they thought that it would validate their taste in feminine beauty and stroke their egos if other guys would drool over their girl and stuff dollar bills into her g-string.

He said he would politely tell the plain and ugly ones that he didn't have any openings so as not to hurt their feelings. He said he had no trouble being very picky and hiring only very hot girls because he had a continuous flow of well qualified applicants. That helped make his club quite successful.

He eventually sold the club and retired and moved to the Lake Shasta area where he spent most of the summers on his big houseboat, and competing as a senior water-skier.

He said that he enjoyed his business career and never got tired of the view, or of being around beautiful girls that appreciated their job and the relatively clean and safe environment he took pride in providing. As he said, with a smile, "It was a tough job, but somebody was going to do it, so it might as well be me."

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra