I have never owned an unreliable pistol. Every 1911 and variant I've owned has been consistently reliable from the get-go with quality magazines. I'm not expecting to repel the Spartans, so if the gun shoots the first 100 rounds without a hiccup, and close inspection during cleaning doesn't reveal any odd wear patterns, chips, scratches or metal flakes, it can go in my holster.

Currently, my carry pieces vary from 1911s, full length, Commander length and Officer's length, a Kahr CW-9, a Springer XD-S (.45) and a Charter .38 Undercover.

As for accuracy, I don't measure groups much, but at 25 yards, I expect every shot to be in the head of a life size silhouette. At 10 yards, 5 of 7 better be touching each other and at 5 yards I'll expect a one-hole ragged group.

The red target was off hand at 12 yards with an RIA Compact (Officer's length) .45 and that's typical of what I expect.

[Linked Image]

This is slow fire, off hand.

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 02/12/16.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain