I don’t have a preset objective standard for round count or accuracy. For full and medium sized guns by major manufacturers, I may skip the practice ammo and run it straight out of the box with carry ammo for a couple of range sessions. I may or may not do that with mini-guns depending on perceptions about break-in issues. In terms of mechanical accuracy, they all are better than me. Sometimes I have to learn the trigger and sights to get my personal best out of it.

I don’t have a required number of rounds between cleanings. With some mini-guns I am happy if it can fire all rounds from every magazine without malfunction (about 50). All others, including some mini-guns, seem to be able to run a couple of days of practice/training without malfunctions.

For semi-autos I do a limp wrist test with carry ammo using strong hand only and support hand only. I try to hold the gun as loosely as possible without dropping the gun during recoil and see if it will cycle for a few rounds without malfunctioning. To date, I have not carried a gun that has failed this test.

Although not a prerequisite to carry, I like to verify reliability and/or learn quirks by running through some IDPA/defensive pistol type courses of fire.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln