Originally Posted by blammer
IMO, if you're shooting 2" groups at 12 yards you are not shooting FAST enough.

as long as it goes bang EVERY time I'm good with it.

"inch" groups at rock throwing range does not interest me.

multiple hits on man sized target is my goal.

accuracy on target, then SPEED is what I think matters.

This is a good example of how this forum has gone downhill. There have been some comments on this thread that I didn't agree with, but I still found worthwhile. But this one, this one just doesn't even make any sense. It's just rambling for the sake of making noise without anything to contribute.

An accuracy standard of 2" at 12 yards has nothing to do with speed, because it's an accuracy standard. To say that any time you shoot a small group you have to shoot faster until your group is larger is the equivalent of saying that only large groups are useful. How absurd.

"As long as it goes bang every time"....So if a gun EVER malfunctions it's not suitable for carry? Because if "no malfunctions ever" isn't your standard, what is it? That's the whole point of the thread, to share information.

"Inch groups don't interest me"...."a man sized target"....I've got news for you, man-sized targets are measured in inches. If you think that a hit anywhere on a silhouette like what is commonly produced and hung up at gun ranges is a good hit, you're sorely mistaken. The blood pumping, air exchanging parts of a man-sized target are contained in inches. And unfortunately, bad guys don't always stand out in the open facing directly at you so you can hit them anywhere you happen to flinch a bullet into them.

"Accuracy on target"....Well accuracy is what we were trying to measure when you said we were shooting too slowly. How much accuracy is needed? A measurable accuracy standard is what I was asking about. But your reply is just "accuracy"....thanks for all the help.

I certainly agree that speed is important and I'm quite capable of shooting fairly quickly. Bill Drills in the low 2s and FAST Drills in sub 4.5seconds don't come from slow shooters, or inaccurate shooters.

But I also see the value in measuring accuracy independently of speed, which needs to be done to have a something to help determine when the speed is becoming detrimental.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling