Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I would NEVER consider a Jeep Wrangler to be a safe vehicle for a new driver. A few years ago, I watched high school girl roll a Wrangler with three other kids in it when she misjudged a turn and hit a curb. They were all wearing seat-belts and the Wrangler had a roll bar, but one of the kids in back had his left forearm crushed. I don't think that any of them would have been injured if they had had the same accident in either a GC or Liberty.

My daughter has a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder and seems happy with it. Happy enough to name it "Francois".

If your daughter isn't bonded to a Jeep, the Nissan Xterra or Toyota Highlander or 4Runner might be worth considering.
Years ago a co-worker's high school son went for a ride in his buddy's new CJ5. They went hill climbing and the first thing they did was try a hill that was too steep. When they couldn't climb it, the kid pulled a classic 1st timer's stunt - he tried to turn around. The roll bar saved them both.

The thing is, they're kids. They will take any car and push it to see what it will do. A kids with a muscle car will flex it's muscles and a kid with a 4x4 will HAVE to see what it will climb. It's part of being a kid.

Yes, just like riding a crotch rocket makes people ride too fast and speed down the centerline between cars on a divided highway.