Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by Reba
Not my idea of the first vehicle. To much temptation to take it off road and do things like they do in TV Adds:-(

I owned a 2005 Rubicon and thought it was a POS. It was cool to drive and did great off road, but there was some thing going wrong with it ALL the time. Look up Wrangler Death Wobble.

The older straight axle Jeeps were real Jeeps.

I will never own another Chrysler product, or who ever builds them now...............

She needs to tow a Bass Boat? Can it be done? Yes and it will be real fun with a short wheel base!

Don't do it!

Death Wobble is nothing new had the same issue back on solid axle jeeps from the 60's and 70's it was always the lack of a steering stabilizer or too small of one when you add bigger tires.

I used to do a lot of work on Jeeps after college I raced the East Coast off road circuit had a lot of fun and lots of experience rebuilding nearly everything on my 72 CJ5, running a built V8 that would pull the front wheels off the ground in the mud drags accelerates wearing out drive lines smile

Death wobble is actually not a result of an undersized steering stabilizer but the piss-poor steering geometry that is the result of the inverted-Y setup on almost all Jeeps. A steering setup with proper geometry doesn't require any stabilizer at all. The root cause of most death wobble issues is worn/loose track-bar bushings/bolts, rotted out control arm bushings, worn out steering boxes and occasionally tie rod ends or ball joints that are toast.