Quote Hi Vel
Revolvers can be a different story, provided one is sensible about the loads--as there are none of the slide timing issues/gremlins, etc.

Though perhaps not the best thread for this--and I'm not recommending it--just a mention--an interesting pill that I use at times in the .38 Special and .357 Magnum snub rigs is the .355 88 grain Speer Gold Dot hollow point. I size the brass twice, chamfer, and use no expander. In .357 rigs, I load it with 10 grains WSF, with a good roll crimp. It is a respectable round for a snub revolver kept by the bedside. Less penetration to be sure--about 8-9 inches, and expands to about .58 inches rounded off. Improvements today render this type of thing nearly obsolete (no doubt you remember the old Smith and Wesson 90 grain soft nose factory offering--a little nub of a pill sticking out of the case mouth--if I recall, the "claim" was 1650 fps from a 4 inch barrel)....

Pics of two of these 88 grain Gold Dot rounds fired yesterday:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is an unusual loading. At least, it is for me. I confess that I don't get the reason for it. The Camp Fire does not seem to have a reloading forum that I can find, but there is one on bullet casting where a lot of reloading talk is done. Maybe we can take it up there? Or not. No biggie either way. But thanks for the pohoto's and write up on a load I had not previously seen.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.