So, a 6mm, 260 and 270 walk in to bar....well ok they walk in to a reloading bench. I must be completely nuts.

A while back I decided to try to fool proof things for safety sake by seeing if I could find loads for all three that IMR 4350 alone would satisfy. So far it has worked pretty good.

I had been using H4381 with 140 Gamekings which I am convinced are the greatest single bullet on the planet for a 260- but they weren't supposed to shoot in my 1-10 twist despite my lying eyes and first hand evidence to the contrary. BUT...the internet must be smarter than me so I switched in order to conform.

I also used H4831 for 150's in my 270 but felt I wouldn't lose anything going to 140's with IMR 4350- So I switched from the 150 Interlock to the 140 Gameking. No biggee

I was already using Imr 4350 for the 6mm shooting 85hpbt's beautifully and with terrific success in the field. THEN..... I was gifted bunches of heavier 6mm bullets from a fellow fire member \ friend \ even loonier (you know you are) and have been trying to get them to shoot as well.

NOW... out comes IMR with new powders and I cannot find a single person saying their stuff doesn't shoot better with 4451 than it does with 4350. Can I leave well enough alone? Hell noooooooo

So I have 4350 loads made for 120 Prohunters (260Rem), 100 and 105 grainer 6mm's, and 140 Gamekingsfor the 270. I also have a few of the last 140 Gamkeings for the 260 loaded with H43381 just to confuse things even further.

I am thinking if nothing else it may tighten up the heavier 6mm's. Who knows??? Cabela gouges the price but it beats hazmat shipping fees.

I am going to duplicate the 4350 loads using 4451 (yes after verifying I am not over max) and compare the findings.

Clear as mud. Anyone interested in this?

No cure for this madness. Wondering if I am alone?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius