Rather than be adult and scientific the kid in me, with this new toy, picked a single guess load for each bullet by approximating the same percentage of my trusted 4350 loads and loaded away. 4451 has a smaller min max range so it isn't precisely parallel. I only loaded one charge weight for each bullet weight - and yes, secretly hoping the hype would materialize in automatic wonder loads for each.

6mm - 85hpbt was super encouraging. Got a lucky tight little group to a little different poi. Great place to begin.

The 100 grainers I have don't shoot that well with 4350 and it was the same with 4451. The 105's shot a bit better (just like with 4350) and without trying to lawyer speak will say it showed "the possibility of promise". Long and short is the new powder didn't really 'fix' or magically change rifle behavior. Of course one load doesn't prove much of anything but does seem to reaffirms the rifle likes those 85 grainers best.

On to the 260- it is impossible for anything to improve the imr4350 load for 120 ProHunters. Coming close to matching is a tall order. The test load with 4451 shows decent promise though. Another good starting point for ladder testing. The load I used for 140 Gamekings might be ok for starting a hunting load but doubt it will meet my load with H4831 for that bullet.

The 270 with 140 Gamekings looks real good, was on and centered.

Wish we we going in to cooler months so I could properly test more enjoyably. Will be a while before I can say if 44511 can ever replace 4350 on my bench.

Oh! one off the wall thing. I was using a dipper and trickler and for some reason getting the desired load weights was extremely quick. Faster than with any other powder. I know that seems dumb since we aren't talking about a powder dump but there ya go. No explanation.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius