Scott, I know nothing at all about powder coat and don't have a clue if my experience is of any use, but.........

I load 300 grain swagged pure in a .44 Mag with max loads. 2 wraps of 9# onionskin is good for MOA precision up to about 1600 fps. As you experienced, weight retention is in the 95%+ range and expansion is significant. Stuff dies, pretty much on the spot.

[Linked Image]

The bullet is a round nose form with a petite flat point of about 1/4" diameter.

Also have the following observations about the use of 180 grain 30:1 alloy with my Sneezer project. MV in the 1025-1050 fps range, demonstrated precision hovering in the MOA range as well. The closer parallel to your PC treatment here is my method of lube. I use dilute Alox and dust it with a mix of mica and graphite while still slightly tacky. In the photo below you can see the thin color of the Alox prior to my version of powder coating.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain