tcp:

Until I acquired a Sharps with excellent iron sights, I did not think one could generate 1 moa accuracy with irons. My fix has been targets that allow a very precise fit with ones sighting system, and that's with bifocals and 70 yr old eyes. I probably have 15 different target sizes and patterns on my PC and print specifically for whatever is going to the range with me.

Same with scopes. I have a 1/4" bull target for a 22-250 carrying a 24X scope and a 3" bull for my Marlin Guide with a 2.5X Scout scope in 45-70. The Marlin is easily capable of 3-shot 0.75 inch clover leafs at 100 yds. Were I to use the target for the 22-250 with my Marlin, I can't even find the bull's eye.

Some competition small bore folk shoot at bull's eyes they can't see. They score though because the target meshes with their sights.

Take an array or sizes/patterns of targets to the range and one will likely find one or get some ideas about what dimensions or shpaes are most appropriate. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the results. Like all of life, one size does not fit all.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/18/16.

1Minute