Back when my M70 was a .338WM I had it stocked with a Bansner. Great stock. This was about 7 years ago. I didn't want to wait for a McMillan and the Bansner was only like $260 (unfinished). They installed a pad at my LOP for about $70 IIRC. And the wait time was only a month or two.

Upon arrival, there was some sanding work needed to knock the mold lines off...several pinholes that needed filling and sanding too. A few hours of work and some paint of your choosing and you can have a fine stock for well under what McMillan is charging these days. Of course they offer finishing and painting but it all adds to the cost. I am a tinkerer and trying to do it on a tight budget so finishing the stock myself worked.

As noted already, there was a little bit more flex than a McMillan--shooting it as a .338 was a lot less uncomfortable as one would believe. Prior to receiving the Bansner, I had shot the rig in its original wood stock for initial load work up--that wood stock was a LOT stiffer and even though heavier, made for much less comfortable shooting. After swapping stocks, it was much more pleasant, even with stout 250gr loads.

Can't recall the exact weight, a few ounces less than 8lbs if I recall but I wouldn't have wanted it any lighter.

Oh, and it was a Douglas cut to 23" grin