Originally Posted by Mesabi
I owned a Kimber Stainless Target for a few years and shot it quite a bit; I was very happy with the dependability and accuracy with a variety of handloads. Two things I didn't like about it as it came in the box: It came with a standard 16.5 pound recoil spring (which I quickly replaced with a 22-pound spring); and it had an extended ejector. I'm not sure why Kimber used that combination, unless they thought everybody was using Short & Weak loads. Until I replaced the ejector with a standard length one I was spending a lot of money on bus fare to travel and pick up my empties.

I sold the Kimber to a friend a few months ago because I bought a Dan Wesson Silverback. OH MAMA! No changes needed there!

I think the original Colt Delta Elites were a joke if you planned on a steady diet of actual 10mm loads. Of course, Colt built a lot of junk during that time period. I don't have any experience with current production Deltas.

I'm curious as to how well the RIA would hold up under a steady diet of 10mm. The few people bragging on their RIA 10mms on various forums don't strike me as high-volume shooters or handloaders.

Dang Mesabi, I missed this post, Thanks, a lot of good info here, will definitely have to find a 10mm that offers the most case head support, still don't know if any listed above are the ones that offer that, have heard the same on the older Colt DE's, I'll most certainly load my 10mm like a 10mm.

Trump Won!