The 275 is a first rate German rifle 7x57 Mauser and so is the 8x57. The 9.3x62 [ 1905 Otto Bock Berlin ]is excellent for wild boar and for deer and leopard but not the first choice for big cats bears and thick skinned big game.
None of the deer family can stomach a heavy bullet. Do not fool yourself into believing the Nilgai is as easy to stop as a deer. Nilgai is excellent practice for buffalo, indeed Nilgai were shot for the pot and not really considered worthy shikar. It is easy to walk up to them and shoot them at 50 yards. On several occasions we have taken half a dozen bulls before breakfast.
I think brenneke bullets are better than those made across the Atlantic. I believe they are very popular in Europe. TUG, TIG, and more recently TOG bullets to name but a few. Brenneke developed the 7x64 in the 20ties for the Wehrmacht; a cartridge similar to the 7 mm rem mag.
Regarding fruit cakes, let me remind you that they are baked on Christmas Day for the next Christmas, whereafter Jamaica rum or brandy is infused into it for a year. Shoot your first couple of hundred blue Bulls sonny boy and we can debate the merits of various calibres. Stationary targets are easy to shoot with any rifle, it is the one that goes awry that tests you and your weapon of choice. Shoot five thousand blue bulls and I shall eat Christmas cake with you.