I have used Hornady Spire point's and then interlock's a whole lot of year in a 308 165gr. Never once a failure or bad proformance of any kind. I use the Hornady interlock 117gr bullet in my 25-06, never a failure or bad proformance. The premium bullet so many use work well but for me in mot case's not needed. i found the two best weight bullet's in my 308 to be the 165 gr and the 180 gr, best accuracy with them. I have tried partition's but never had much luck getting them to shoot well but generally well enough for hunting. The only experience I have with bonded bullet's is with the old Speer hot core bullet's. I'd be shooting them today but the Hornady bullet' out hot them by a bit. In regard to calling a Hot Core a bonded bullet, I have recovered several shot into wet news print to stop them. I never aw a Hot Core shoot loose from the jacket. It was my bullet of choice in an old 7mm Rem Mag. I don't hear a lot about them anymore and don't see them a lot. Vernon sold out and his business took a step backward.