Originally Posted by 308ld
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Can't wait to get my 165g SSTs to the range for some water jug testing. If they don't come apart in the first jug or two I'll be more than a little surprised.

update?

Haven't had a chance to do anything with them. Full time job, 2-1/2 hour daily round trip commute, weekends busy finishing deck teardown/landscaping/rebuild project I started last year after my hip replacement. Next project is to replace cedar siding where the $#%&* flickers have poked 2" holes in it. Range time has been pretty limited.

Don't know if I'll get to water jug shooting this year, although I probably have 50 or more in the garage. Might get a chance to test .243/95g SST and .308/165g SST in jugs this weekend. I figure 2 jugs per load with a fresh paper or cardboard backdrop will tell me what I want to know. Pretty much expect the backdrops to have a lot of holes in them but maybe I'll be surprised.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.