My testing showed what I already knew - every cup-and-core bullet tested sprayed lead and/or jacket material. The 'non-retained' weight has to go somewhere.

For big game I haven't used a standard cup-and-core bullet in a bolt gun since the early 1980's. Speer Grand slams got the call for the 20 years following my first animal, followed by North Fork SS and FP, Nosler AccuBond and Barnes MRX and TTSX. The last few years I've been using Barnes TTSX (and the older MRX) more and more. They have been great performers both in accuracy and on game and I like the idea of 'lead-free' meat.

This year a future son-in-law and I will be using SST bullets for antelope simply because I worked up those loads first for target practice and haven't had time to work up AccuBond or TTSX loads for the rifles we will be using.

Hoping the SSTs don't destroy as much meat as the A-MAX a son-in-law used a few years back.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.