I don't believe anything that the New York Time puts out! A wall could be built but not if the liberals are in charge. I read an estimate put out our liberal government a few years ago for construction of the wall and the cost per mile was unbelievable. According to our government the construction of the wall would cost much more than the cost of building a 6 lane interstate highway that included the cost of buying right-of-way and bridge construction. Our liberal government would probably bid out the construction and China would win the bid. Companies in the US wouldn't stand a chance because they would have to pay union wages and budget for the required bribes. I forgot about all the pork that would have to be added to the bill for buying votes. Israel has built a pretty good wall and is going to improve it by adding concrete underground to prevent tunneling. If we do get a wall built and the invaders tunnel under or get over our wall I'm all for setting mines. I found the a link yet for the cost estimate I was talking about.