Old, local and very STRAIGHT TRUTH lore :

Stand alone battery powered "sensors", transmitting line of sight to repeaters, that forwarded their encrypted burst transmissions to a regional "HQ", were deployed by the BP quite a long time ago here, as Gulf War 1 wound down, the defense "pipeline" was full, several borders in the ME had been successfully defended by em', ....SOMEBODY had to take delivery of the surplus contract completion product. mad

This technology was GOOD,...algorythms that can detect two leggeds, while ignoring four leggeds and large birds. whistle

While Ike spun in his grave, every mid grade azzwhole in the BP organization was given the goods on how this stuff works, and within DAYS,....not weeks, DAYS the "pattern" of incursions changed.

Hazing cattle in front of a "Load" became all the rage, ....cutting fences in front of them only making some kinda' warped, twisted sense to the Mule's honchos.

Oh, and by the way,....the BP "troops" that were loyal and "trying to stay ahead" of this sell out had NO,....lemme repeat that encryption on the frequencies their hand held and vehicular SBX radios were chipped for. Solid and very skilled radio operators could catch the encrypted transmissions that the cartelista field people had,...FM radio stations were re-playing our BP's commo.

I'm all for high tech,....but it would seem that some savvy mounted men might be better capable than some of the endless clown shows we've witnessed here.

This is ALL on the record, Sheriff Larry Dever spoke at some LENGTH to Congress about these screw ups, as did Zack Taylor. hell, I was writing about it hear quite a while back myself, so was Ben, and a few others.

This border is not some video game that one turns on and off as one pleases,...it's what it is 24-7, and given that demand WILL be supplied, a major re-think is in order.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/25/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain