I have two, the first is the 20" compact rifle dropped in a McMillan and the second is a Hawkeye I put together, #3 rock at 22", McMillan stock, timney trigger.

I have messed around with a couple of bullets 225 NPT, 200 and 225 Hor SP, 185 TTSX and the 200 NAB. All were more than satisfactory accuracy wise. I have only shot one deer, one bear and a moose with the 338RCM all with the 185 TTSX and its worked well enough. I am running it at just under 3000fps (like 2997) using BLC(2) in the 22" barrel. I see some good loads with AA 2520, but it wasn't available when I did my last set of load work ups.

I know a lot of guys don't see the logic in the 338RCM, but for me I find the short mags like the 338RCM and 300WSM are right around the recoil level I can shoot without much effect or preparation in a 7lb rifle. Much more cartridge I need either more rifle to handle it or I have to be more careful of how and how much I shoot them.

The one disadvantage is that the brass is sole source, so when I started down the the 338RCM road I put away a half dozen boxes.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge