I have two 338 RCMs.

First one I built using a PT&G reamer. It is a 7 lb sporter built on a SA Ruger M77 tang safety. Barrel is 22". It is in a McMillan Ultralight stock with ASAT camo (permission granted by ASAT) painted by Campfire's Rick Bin.(Rick:the paint is holding up well) I settled on the 225 Accubond with 61 gr of RL-17 for velocity of 2775. Very accurate and lethal. Killed four cow elk with it to date. (should you decide to try this load please work up carefully)

The other is a Interarms Mark X action (LA) with a 30" #7 profile barrel in a Joel Russo laminate stock. It weighs just shy of 14 lbs and is lots of fun to shoot. The throat was lengthened so 300 gr Bergers would seat at shoulder/neck junction. Using 56.5 gr of RL-17 the 300 gr bullet velocity is 2525 fps. It is an extremely accurate load with SDs always in single digits. It has taken one coues wt at 400 yds with little meat damage. This combination may sound strange but it performs. At 4000 ft elevation, where I do my deer hunting, the wind drift at 500 yds in a 10 mph crosswind is 8.8 inches and it has 3072 ft/lb of energy!

I did try shooting 300 gr bergers in the sporter as a single shot. Velocity dropped to just over 2400 fps. Quite a thumper.

Like the others I have been accumulating brass. I currently have 500 pcs of brass.

I had Whidden make me a bushing/FL die and I prefer it to Hornady or Redding dies.