Congrats

Yes two different purposes that somewhat oppose each other.
I would be thinking two scopes for the NULA a target scope and a Hunting Scope. Even on a model 28 a 6x42 starts to seem big a 6x36 is ideal to my thinking or a 2.5x8. As far as target scopes I am not well versed on them but you could go all the way up to 36x if you wanted too. Nightforce and Huskemaw have good reputations.

I also agree on the dedicated target rifle idea. It could be a Savage or Shaw in 6.5x284 or Creedmore. Much more fun to shoot and you could taylor loads to match the NULA in trajectory to be better hunting practice. Even in a heavier rifle a 300 starts to make my shoulder feel warm after a couple of boxes of cartridges. Sometimes I am only good for around twenty rounds others sixty but if I don't stop when my body tells me it is time to quit it is easy to develop a flinch or other detriments to accurate shooting. In that case more practice is counter productive.

Basically I just repeated Dan Oz and others. But JB said redundancy is good on the Kamp FAR.

Elk rifles to me the lighter the better as long as you can shoot it. A 1,200 yard rifle is none to light at about 15 lbs.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli