Originally Posted by Fastback65
I have been saving my ducket's I Ordered a NULA in 300 Win the other day Melvin asked what scope I had in mind.
He said he has had some issues with a couple scope lately with the reticle on the brand I was thinking of.
With that being said this is going to be my Elk dream rifle and scope. I am now looking at three scopes two Leopold's the V6 and the Mark 6 and the Schmidt Bender is the third.
I want to stay with a variable from 3 to 4 low for short shots to a min of 12 power on the high. I am not stuck on these three scopes and all options are open.
I am wanting to start learning to shoot long range I have a nice range that goes out to 1200 yards.
Right now I am comfortable shooting 300 if I have a tree to lean on. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

You've got the cart sooooooooooooo fhuqking far in front of the horse,that the horse can't even see it. Hint.

Firstly,NOTHING matters more than boolits. Nothing. Simply build around a great boolit and you are there. Hint.

Secondly,I'd be loathe to go to a L/A and especially a belted one and for VERY good reason(s). Nothing you've cited,comes close to quantifying ANY of them reasons. Hint.

Thirdly,spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial and your proposed platform will not grant that feasability,for a multitude of reasons. Hint.

Fourthly,the ONLY fhuqking way POA/POI are reliably aligned,is through generous erector travel,robust erector travel,good turrets and a good reticle. The optics you cite,connect none of those dots. Hint.

Fifthly,while some thangs is subjective...Physics assuredly is NOT. Hint.

Don't be in such a hurry to make sooooooooo many bad decisions as your Swan Song. Slow your roll and cypher facts and Physics,then arm yourself with said info and rethunk the whole parcel,so as to be able to connect dots. Hint.

Were I forced to NULA,I'd want neither a Douglas or a Krieger,mainly because I have both. Hint.

I'd be building around a boolit and it'd be a S/A in 7mm,wearing a "284Win" stamped barrel shank and a throat granting .050"+ of land chasin' with a 162 'Max square smooch,in the issued COAL latitude. The barrel would be no greater than 22",the twist no slower than 9.5"(though I've 10's that pinwheel same in SAAMI 7-08) and I could be happy with lotsa spouts that were neither Douglas or Krieger. Mainly because I've got 'em all. Hint.

Your proposal is to concoct a loud Fun Robber,that'll only "perfect" your flinch and curtail trigger time,due it's heavily compromised mannerisms. It's a Miss Machine. Hint.

A 162 'Max at 2875fps zero'd at the 250yd line,will barely eat a 6x MQ's reticle at the 1200yd line(my current atmosphere),with all staring you literally in the face. The 1500yd line barely begins to eek the inherent resolve from the platform,with a paltry 16.2 Mils of "up"/holdoff. Hint.

So besides botching the action length,barrel length,barrel Make,chambering,boolit and glass...you REALLY nailed it down. Hint.

You've been led to water.

Re-hint.

Don't forget to update,when you don't listen and fhuqk things up.

Just sayin'.