I have had quite good experiences over my forty-some years of peering through scopes with the above mentioned Shifted & Bended Krashik exception. And that was on a fairly heavy Kilimanjaro 350 Rem mag, so about 30/06 level recoil and only 15 rounds was all it took. But I understand that stuff happens. My real disappointment there was with their CS. It was a new scope and the only two options given me were to sent it back to Deutchland for three months or to spend even more on an upgrade. And they didn't even smile. No offer of even a used replacement at the time.

I've had several more S&B, all the other Euro's alphas, a trunk load of of Leup's, Some Nikons, an early Redfield, some Bushy's of yesteryear, and even a Tasco at one point. Most were on mild kickers and gave me no problems.

Conversely, I put a couple thousand rounds down the tube of a 340 with an early Swarovski 3-9 AL alternating with a Leupy 2.5-8 riding on top with no problems whatsoever with one exception, and that was with the Leup that lost zero after I fell with the rifle while side-hilling on some scree. It was a lateral foot off at a 100 yds discovered only after I missed a big bull at 350. That one hurt.