Having trapped a lot of animals in my life, I'm having a difficult time seeing this work. Not that they would not bite it, but that they would still be there to see them on the line.

Are you suggesting that they are caught and still there when you arrive? Or is this a way to have them runoff with a treble hook in their mouth?

I've caught a pile of wild stuff that will fight so hard that they will do far more damage to themselves trying to escape then the trap alone could ever manage. I just don't see a coyote hooked in the thin skin of the lips or tongue staying put without ripping loose and running off. Raccoons, hogs, bear, coyote, wolverine, these guys are gonna rip lose and be gone I think in every case, especially upon your approach.

Cats, possums, skunks, and even Wolves, I could see them curl up and sleep til you arrive. They don't fight traps as relentlessly as the others.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)