No, I bought the rifle new. Had my dealer order it from the distributor. Winchester's machining of stainless at that time wan't the best and a strong side light plus 10x magnification makes it look worse. It's not much different (except the gas cut) than the 4 other SS M70s I have. The two CM M70s I have are better.
Never having dealt with this kind of issue before, what does the gas cut hurt other than looks? Regardless I'll have to either have it looked at by the local Winchester repair center or call Winchester and see if they still work on that vintage M70. Apparently more happened than just the gas cutting. I mentioned hard extraction on the last couple shots, so I tried a couple empty cases fired from this rifle prior to this happening. They will chamber but won't extract without a good rap with the heel of my hand. The cases then have a bright spot at the top rear like there's a burr on the edge of the chamber.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn