I called Winchester service department Monday and the fellow that answered the phone said they don't work on that vintage M70. He referred me to Midwest Gun Works. I dunno, maybe if they worked on your NH 70 the guy was mistaken? I'll call them again and see if I get a different answer.
I dropped the gun off at my local gunsmith (an authorized Winchester service center) this morning but it'll be a couple weeks before they can look at it.
I sent Remington a note last Friday but haven't heard back from them yet. Will be calling them tomorrow also.
The 'smith will check headspace, but until I fired those 6 Core-Loct loads there's not been an issue. I bought the rifle new and have only fired factory loads. I can account for almost every fired case put through it. It's always fed, fired and ejected perfectly.
Yeah, the bolt face ain't the purdiest, but even I look ugly with a strong side light! Ah, who am I kiddin', I'm ugly from every angle. crazy

without the side light.
[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn