Originally Posted by Kenneth
For any one that may be interested,

Ran 150 9mm rounds through 5 different guns today,

S&W Shield, easy to see why this gun has a large following, This gun is fun to shoot, fits the hand well and very little to dislike. Top contender so far.

Glock 19, sorry folks I just don't feel the love here, no real reason, it just isn't there. One plus, fairly consistent trigger pull. I'll pass on this one.

Glock 43, the surprise of the day, You guys keeping this little gem to yourself or what? Small, compact, still fills the hand and decent accuracy. Like it alot, top contender.

XD-S, Horrible first shot due to pudding like trigger, follow up shots not as bad. Really dont care for the "corn cob" finish on the grip. Yawn, No second date for this one.

Sig938, Yesterday I liked this pistol alot, today not so much. Didn't seem to be enough grip or something while firing, Worst groups of the day, gun shoot extremely high from POA, even with a decent SA trigger. The little train that almost could.....

Did not fire the Sig Legion 229 but only held it. Nice gun but we're not comparing apples to apples here, The 229 at 1100 plus, is more than double the price of any other gun here, it's also noticeably larger and heavier. This gun really isn't in the same category as the others fired today, with the exception of....

Sig226. Fun gun, accurate, somewhat lazy and long first trigger pull, but after that, it's all go time... Second time I've handled this gun and it's called my name both times. I don't know that I would call this a carry or "smaller compact". Local dealer down the road has a used 226 for 7 bills, I would go grab it just for the hell of it, but it's a .40, did I mention this gun is all fun?

Anyone looking for a single stack 9, easy to shoot or conceal, take a look at the shield and G43, both very comparable. Flip a coin I guess if you can't decide, although the Shield is almost 100 bucks cheaper, could be the tie breaker if it came down to that.

Also unable to shoot any Sig with the SRT trigger, which I was looking forward to.

There will be at least one more shopping trip, just out of curiosity. Lotta good stuff out there.

If you haven't ruled out a 40, take a look here.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html#category_2=FIREARMS%2FPRE-OWNED

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ