Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by efw
Wow ok I stand corrected.
So you think the Lord is happy with their rejection of the Son of God, and having presumed to reoccupy Palestine not having repented of their rejection of Christ? Has the State of Israel been a blessing to the world, the Middle East? Has the US been blessed since 1948? What part of my statement (read for what it actually says, not through the pre-framing of Bowsinger's perspective) do you have difficulty with as a Christian?
The same can all be said of all the nations of men.

You and I agree there has been no Judaism since 70 AD. There is no (biblically) meaningful Israel. With all the dispersions there is barely a provable bloodline to Abraham, and the vast majority of Israeli citizens are agnostic.

God has no more displeasure with the nation state of Israel than He does with any of the rest of us. Nor does He hold them in any higher disdain that any other; the free offer of salvation is open to any and all. The advantages that Paul points out concerning those of Jewish lineage and their knowledge of the Scriptures and reverence for God still stands for those who find themselves in that state.

Sin is sin and murder is murder; all who sin are complicit in the murder of our Lord. You and me no more nor less than Levi Kohn.
Yours is a very new doctrine. St. Augustine only represented common, Biblically based, Christian thought when he said that "The true image of the Hebrew is Judas Iscariot, who sells the Lord for silver. The Jew can never understand the Scriptures and forever will bear the guilt for the death of Jesus." This statement parallels 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, and many other verses in the New Testament.

Of course a Jew who accepts Christ ceases being a Jew and, by having his guilt washed clean, is fully redeemed.

It was only with the advent of the grave error of Dispensationalism, at the close of the 19th Century, that the sentiment expressed in the Augustine quote above (paralleled by every major Christian figure of the ancient world) subsided from common Christian opinion. That should tell you something.