Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I'd like to get them some next level help & training. They're close already, and figure a trip together to learn skills hopefully would serve to increase the solid bond that exists already.

There are a lot of different levels of training; the best one depends on the student's experience level. Some classes offered by the big-name instructors are billed as basic, but they move very quickly and you need to have draw stroke and manipulations down cold or you’re going to hold everyone else back. So if your sons are starting out cold, then have a good local instructor get them up to speed stuff in the way that it's commonly taught: the four-point draw stroke, the Isoceles stance, the thumbs-forward grip, tap-rack-bang, lock-rip-work, etc.

Once they’re good to go on that, then a big-name class makes more sense. I’ve trained with John Farnham, Ken Hackathorn, Larry Vickers, and Pat McNamara. I’ve also trained with the guys at InSights Training Center. Each one had strengths and weaknesses, and they all cost about the same. Fortunately, those guys all travel, so you should be able to find something pretty close to home.

As for hardware, give them each a Glock 19 with factory night sights, six magazines, and a couple of cases of ammo.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.