Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by magshooter1
No argument there. The world will never see their like again.

Dad flew 34 missions as a gunner in B-24's over Europe in late 43 and 44. Rotated back to the states and was transitioning into B-29's when it ended.

Got discharged and worked in the oil and chemical industry till 1982. Got married and had 3 kids along the way. He has spent the last 30+ years whacking deer, ducks, turkeys, golf balls and chunking baits at bass. Had me get a couple more game cameras for the farm for this fall. He'll be 94 in November and plans to deer hunt as much as I can take him. I may be 1/2 again as big as he is but, I'll never be 1/2 the man he was when it counted.

I love the fact he is still able to go hunt at his age and still has the desire to do so. You are fortunate indeed to still have him around. Thanks for sharing.

I am indeed fortunate. He's tough as nails. Grew up on a dairy farm before they had milking machines. Used to have a grip like a vise. When WWII started he was in CA building PBY Catalinas. Never knew anything but hard work until he retired.
Still climbs up into 12 foot tall deer stands, still rides his four wheeler, none of this happens fast mind you. Never have been able to get him to give up his see thru scope mounts. He does use a variable scope now though. Course he keeps them set on 4X. lol

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.