Originally Posted by ironbender
of course it's a shame.

http://www.livescience.com/43448-air-turbulence-dangerous-injuries.html

is a pretty good article trying to make a comparison.

Good article for sure. Thats why we no longer fly without the belt on.. and certainly not in small planes. Still in a big one you have to get up to go to the can now and then.

I think this kind of got off course a bit, I was referring to overall, that driving is more deadly than flying.
In AK there are not that many roads so if you ran the numbers.. but even there, I suspect you have to have more road fatalities than flight fatalities. But if you take me literally when I say driving to the airport (only) is more deadly, i'm sure its not at least in AK.

Regardless it sucks as we've noted. Hopefully the report will give some info that can at least prevent another issue like this for someone.

Certainly when a plane crashes the odds of walking away alive are much less than a vehicle crash.( although here locally I've been in on maybe 4 plane crash landings( not mountain smacks or air to air) and not a single fatal, but can't recall the number of dead people I've pulled out of vehicles anymore...)

In the end we all take chances, and I would never stop flying due to fear. I'm going to try to enjoy it as much and as often as I can, life, and if it bites me, well, it was going to sooner or later.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....