Originally Posted by bwhntr350
bsa1917hunter- It may seem like that, but no, that is not the deal. I'm thinking I registered around a few months ago and my Grandma passed in June of 2015. I was just never sure if I wanted to post these questions.

You all bring up great points and all points that I've thought of. I know what I have. When I received these rifles in 2003 I researched them all. I had the right to sell at any time, not just after Grandma died but I kept thinking "They made 1,200 of these .458's, I have one, if I part with it I will never own another one!"

I could probably get myself to use the .300 H&H. That one is a Super Grade but shows some wear. the .375 H&H I have no use for other than Grandpa killed a lot of African beasts with it and, actually, it has a small crack in the wrist of the stock. But, anything like elk, I bowhunt for and will not be going to Alaska anytime soon.

The .300 Win Mag is nearly flawless to my eye, but like I said, I'm not an expert.

That gets me to the .458 Win Mag. Yes, I could keep it in my safe until I die, but then I wonder what happens? My kid has no interest in guns, in fact, not even sure he can legally be around them let alone own one. I've just wondered, for years, if it wouldn't be more appreciated by a collector. I don't need the money. I don't need more room in my safe. It is cool owning the gun but what does it matter if nobody can appreciate it just sitting there in the dark for another 30 years?

But, with what most of you have said, it does get me thinking again about once I get rid of it, I'll never own another. I registered a few months ago wondering if I should ask my original question but never was really sure. I guess I'm still not really sure. I, suppose, that to sell a gun like this I had better be completely sure.

Thanks for the input!

Good post. Thanks for taking the time to explain your situation and feelings on the subject. If I were you, I'd sell the 458 win mag, 300 wm, and keep the 375 H&H. It sounds like your grandfather loved that one the most. Like I've told people, 375's were bought to be used, the same can be said about the 270's. For some reason, those are the ones I see with the most wear and tear on them. If your 300WM is as clean as you say it is, it will bring close to $3,500.00 when the market is strong. I'd probably also keep the 300H&H, as those are sweet shooters and won't knock the hell out of you like the 300WM. This is how I'd roll if I were in your shoes:

Keep these:
1. 300 H&H
2. 375 H&H

Sell these:
1. 458WM supergrade: $8-$9,000.00
2. 300WM: $3,000.00-$3,500.00

Possibly sell the 375H&H. Gunner500 has been looking for one wink

Post pictures of that rifle here and we can give you a fair value for it. I'll tell you this right now, most 375's have busted/cracked stocks. That's why mine is in a McMillan!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA