Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Bottom metal does not appear to be original to the gun, all that I've ever seen have been stamped SUPER GRADE....

The floor plate on the 458 looks like an anodized aluminum fwt. floor plate. It does need the correct supergrade floor plate for sure, or the price should be adjusted since it would have to be changed... I also WOULD NOT list these on gunbroker with a penny start and no reserve like some of these guys are mentioning here. You'd be much better off selling to one of these good guys here at a fair (to both of you) price. That, or list it on gunsinternational. Again, not gunbroker.

bsa's right. $.01 starts with no reserve on Gunbroker are not a given. A .458 is not on everyone's radar and you would have to hope for all the stars to align. Right people watching, availability of funds, etc.

Myself, I would be hesitant to sell at all. If I were that worried about buggering the 2 really nice ones up, I'd only take them out on sunshiney days and possibly only to the range, but it's pretty likely they'd get shot some before leaving my stewardship.

The other 2 I would likely first offer here at a fair price to give true sportsman a chance to own them. That way, I'd at least know they were going to a good home and have a very reasonable good notion that they would end up doing what they were built to do.

BTW, that .458 is beautiful. But, if you're dead set on selling, I'd get that bottom plate replaced with a Super Grade to get your best and highest dollars out of it.

All of the above is JMHO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH