Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Your 375H&H is interesting. I wish the pictures were a little better. I'd value it as such:

1. Receiver with bolt and bottom metal: $1,000.00
2. Original 375 H&H barrel: $1,000.00-$275.00 (lack of rear sight) and subtract $40.00 for lack of front hood: $685.00
3. Stock: Stock itself is damn near worthless, sling swivels and sling: $50.00
4. Scope and mounts: put it on ebay and see what they are worth????

Total: $1,735.00 + scope and mounts...

I understand why you broke it down that way BSA, but the thought of him parting out Grandpas rifle is just sad.
Following this thread, I could probably understand selling the .300 Win Mag because he really never used it. The two H&H's I couldn't see ever parting with. I would however have the crack in the .375s stock stabilized, and then use them both sparingly. The .458 I probably would keep also because it represents a dream he never got to realize......and it's just unbelievably cool! As to what to do with them when "the time comes". I'd be looking at other family members and/or close family friends who would be appreciative of not only the rifles themselves, but the history of them. Myself, I'd give them to someone who'd revere their connection to Gramps rather than peddle them for cash to someone who didn't give a darn. But here again, it's just my opinion.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn