I never have shot or even seen a double rifle. In shotguns I do prefer the double trigger but can't tell you why. My one with the double trigger was a Charles Daley, my son has it now. As I recall, the front trigger sit's to the left side of the action and the rear trigger to the right. By pulling the front trigger first you go naturally to the rear trigger, front trigger has you set for that. pulling the rear trigger first, I've never done it will require you take your finger out of the trigger guard to move to the front trigger, that really must slow thing's down if you need a second shot quickly. Imagine having a lion charge and needing two quick shot's, ya thing letting go of the rear trigger to find the front trigger is gonna work that well. So, as I said I have never fired a double trigger rifle but on the double trigger shotguns, it was always the front trigger first. i suspect that a left hander would get used to the front trigger first, he could simply slide off the front trigger and stick his finger in a ways and have the rear trigger. No requirement for your finger to come out of the trigger guard. it doesn't take long and you'll find you never even think about moving you trigger finger at all. As for blowing up if you do pull the rear trigger first, that should not happen I would think. But it is what it is!