I don't disagree with Jim, but I think there is something more fundamental going on.

It seems that there really is a huge moral divide in that in some communities, and society is basically breaking down.

I come from a fairly typical white working to middle class background. The area I live is pretty much trouble free and what crime is committed is usually by people from out of the area. We simply don't need a lot of policing as most folks by and large live with in the law and have respect for those around them.

Once you get to the poorer areas within our larger towns and cities, that's no longer the case. Crime is far more common and is an accepted life style. There is no self discipline, little work ethic, and stealing, violent crimes against person and property as seen as the basic way to better yourself.

In many areas in the UK, this divide is on racial lines, but in America I think the racial element plays afar bigger part.

In years to come, I think historians will look back and associate part of this decline with the breakdown of the basic family unit although today, its still politically incorrect to say that.

Last edited by Pete E; 09/24/16.