Good thread you guys have going here. A lot of good input.
I picked up a CZ 527 varmint a while back. Been playing with it trying to find a load it likes. Have been using 20gr Hornady, did pick up 500 of the mid south 17's. Have yet to taste test them.
Been using CCI BR primers from the get go.
VV120 is nonexistent in this part of the country. I will try some sooner or later.
Tried lil gun with poor results and gave up early as feed back mirrored my results.
I have been playing with H4198 and 1680.
I am topped out with the H4198. Pretty much a full case. I use a 6" drop tube and my old Belding and Mull. Not fast but about as good as it gets with stick powders imho. H4198 may not be the fastest but shows excellent promise. Horizontal stringing.
1680 shows some pretty good groups but am still creeping up on a top end book load. I was warned early on to err on the side of caution with this cartridge as it can spike quickly.
I also picked up a pound of 2200 to taste test. Going to play with it in the 223 also. I have some of the old data2200 powder, I hope it is the same but I doubt I can be that lucky.
Have not tried 296/H110 as others results didn't look to be worth the effort.
I am going to play with OAL and see if that gains me anything.
This rifle had about 100 rounds through it when I got it. The gent that had it said it was a PITA to load for and factory ammo was to pricey. So I got it at a good price, as it came with a fair bit of extras.
Jeff

Last edited by jshks; 09/24/16.