I've only bedded Remington's so some of this may not apply-float the barrel and make sure it is aligned in the barrel channel. Put three layers of electrical tape on the bottom only of the lug (make sure the lug is not out of clock or it can be very hard to remove the barreled action after the epoxy cures). Coat the metal work with release agent-I use Hornady one shot but wax or cooking spray such as Pam works also.

I hold the action in the stock with slave bolts (that have the heads cut off so they will go through the holes) and surgical tubing until cured, remove action, take the tape off the bottom of the lug or out of the recess if it stayed in. Clean up any bedding that got where you didn't want it, drill the screw holes to size (pillars make a difference in drill bit size), go aprox. half way through from one side then all the way from the other. This helps to keep the drill hole straight.

The idea of the tape on the bottom of the recoil lug is that you will inevitably get shavings or dust under the lug as you put the action in the stock. This space keeps up pressure from occurring. I do not lube any of the metal work that contacts the bedding material because even a thin layer can cause some unwanted pressure.

I know there are a lot of thoughts on bedding a rifle, this is what has worked for me.

Golden............