Next, when everything is struck off when stiff enough with a plastic knife or sharpened Popsicle stick and then allowed to cure. Note the excess epoxy bled off through the runners and allowed the action to sit stress free on the pillars. The barrel was wrapped mid forearm with a bushing of tape prior to bedding to set it level with the pillars.

[Linked Image]

Final bedding job after cleaning up. There will be little half round artifacts filled with epoxy along the edges of the action mortise, that disappear when finish is applied.

[Linked Image]

With the Remington, one may have to modify the stock to provide sufficient support for a commercial pillar, here a Score High adjustable is shown.

[Linked Image]

The area outlined with yellow is scant for installing the pillar, so I fill it with J.B. Weld and allow to cure well before drilling the through hole. The Remington uses a bedded tang.

[Linked Image]

In this case the recoil lug and chamber area is treated as the Savage. I do not use the action screws to mount the action during cure, these may not come loose easily, so I use stockmaker's screws. With the Remington, when installing pillars they are usually mounted to the action prior to bedding in the epoxy. When using the Score High kit all the tools are included and can be used for subsequent jobs. Follow the instructions exactly.

http://www.scorehi.com/our-products/

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 09/26/16.