Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by muffin
Murder??? NO.

Wrongful death of some sort? Maybe.

Deadly force is authorized by LEO if they reasonably believe the subject poses a significant threat of bodily injury or death to themselves or others.

A significant threat is not unreasonble.
A reasonable threat is an objective standard, which means that the threat has to be imminent and deadly. It also means that an ordinary prudent person would also have to agree that it was needed at that very moment to prevent serious bodily injury or death to the cop. I saw no imminent threat on that video.

I guess since he wasn't driving a pickup truck while you were walking your dog he should get a pass? OTOH, he WAS wild eyed and acting crazy...

I'm not gonna 2nd guess the cops shooting his crazy ass. They aren't paid to get stabbed, shot, beat to hell...they had good reason to put him down on the spot. What if he had gotten away for a short time & killed or stabbed somebody? I'm totally good with them shooting anybody acting like that SOB...whether it was caused by drugs or mental illness makes no difference to me...he was a threat to public safety and was dealt with accordingly.