Originally Posted by gophergunner
I'm not a cop, and therefore not knowledgeable on police policies and doctrines. Ask me how to fix a pair of eyeglasses, and I'm your man. That being said, I'd ask our LEO's what the actual policy is for shoot/don't shoot.

The man consistently disobeyed officer's orders. Yes, he threw somethig at the cruiser. I couldn't tell if it was a knife, or what it was. By refusing to do as instructed, HE escalated the situation to the point where the foot pursuit ensued. Did he have a second weapon in hand? I sure couldn't tell from the video.

What sucks is he had any number of chances to comply with the officer's orders, and he chose not to. 'Seems like simple compliance would have prevented all this.

I understand all this and don't disagree until it becomes a fatal shooting.

I think that the prevailing culture of local LE has changed a lot over the last 20 or so years and it's causing decisions to be made that cast doubt as to the willingness of many LEs to protect us even if they're in harms way.

It reminds me of Andy & Barney. Too many Barneys running around and nowhere near enough Andys.