timspawn;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust other than a lethargic rifle ejection issue that this finds you well.

We picked up a .250AI for our youngest daughter that had a 722 action.

Like your rifle, every once in awhile it'd either just barely clear the ejection port or sometimes the empty would drop back into the magazine.

What I determined is happening is that the extractor is rotating to a spot where it's holding the case okay, but when the ejector hits the case because it's too close one gets less than enthusiastic ejection.

If you rotate the extractor then - I want to say it worked best at 9:00 or 10:00, but could be backwards on that - anyway rotating it so it wasn't so close to the ejector worked on hers.

Oh, because its not pinned in place - it can and in her rifle does rotate back to a place where it doesn't work well again after awhile.

We've looked at both installing an AR/Sako type extractor and having a 700 one installed. Either option isn't cheap and honestly getting a 700 short action bolt and starting there might be the easiest way to go.

Anyway hope that helps a bit and was useful. Good luck with your rifle and all the best to you this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"