A have a few 4 cavity MP brass hp molds. They are heavy mofo's, but they cast beautiful bullets and don't take any more time to cast than a fp mold. I've never cast an NOE hollowpoint mold but assume it would cast as quickly as the MP cramer style mold.

If you're an inexperienced caster, I would stay away from hp molds until you have really got conventional mold casting down pat. HP's are very critical for mold temp and cadence and they can drive you nuts until you figure out how the mold needs to be run. You can literally cast 100's and you'll be scrapping most of them for incomplete fillout. I also find that when you run the flatpoint pins they are difficult to cast as the bullets end up getting hung up and don't drop free. So the theory of having a mold that drops both hp's and fp's is great, in practice I find I only cast hp's from my hp molds and have dedicated fp molds when I want a fp.

For what you're looking for, I'd suggest a 6 cavity Lee 45 300 rf mold and have a machinist mill the top of the mold down to get rid of the gas check shank of the mold. The shortened bullet will be a 280 gr plainbase bullet.

As far as 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 cavity molds, I also prefer getting as many cavities as possible as I like to produce bullets with as little time and effort as possible.