Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Honestly I think for over 95% of the use of cast handgun bullets the hp is a fad and a fashion statement. Yeah they look cool and when you have a mold that will drop them out as fast as conventional mold that's pretty cool. But more often than not the hp just doesn't matter for most uses.

With a 45, just go with a WFN of reasonable weight and at a reasonable velocity and drill a hole clear through. The wound channel will be a couple inches in dia.

Completely agree. Having HP cast bullets was a cool thought but after fooling with this one, I have submitted to the fact that 99% of my cast bullet shooting is practice / paper / steel shooting. Just don't need a HP for any of that...especially not to justify the added aggravation during casting. That 1% (if that) of shooting at game / varmints / etc that requires a hollow point....I'll just pony up the money for jacketed. smile

I would rather my bullets fall from the molds like rain and have grown fond of running a pair of 3 or 4 cavity aluminum molds or a pair of 2 cavity iron molds. Production is awesome and no fiddling with pin issues.