Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I like the Lee idea of having the gas check end milled off. I have the Lee 44 305g that I've been wanting to have the gas check end milked off of too. I just need to find a guy to do it and send him both. I've long thought the Lee 305 milled down to about 270g no check would be perfect for 90% of what I do with my 44 mags. I like the wide flat nose of the Lee but don't need a check or 300 plus grains. I think a 270g at about 1100 fps would suit me well. Something similar in the 45 would be good for me too.

Yondering, I really like the sound of your 401 200g mold. I'd love that bullet for my glock 20. I have a Kkm 40 barrel in it and I long load them to 1.25" and run the speed up. It works well with 200g bullets and a little factory crimp. I just buy once fired 40 brass cheep and load them once and let them fly. No picking up expensive 10mm brass.

I've got 6 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights in the garage and 1300 pounds of Linotype. Time to get casting again. I also want to learn about this powder coating you all are doing. I've never liked traditional lube but powder coating looks like it allows me to do a bunch and store them long term without having a big gooey or dried out mess later.

I've I buy one of these molds I'll go 4 cavity flat point like Scott suggested. I use a Lee bottom pour and don't want something too heavy or finicky.

Thanks,
Bb

I can mill your molds down, if you're looking for a guy and don't mind shipping them.

That 401-200 bullet isn't my design, I just had some input on the hollow point design, which originally was going to be more of a deep cup shape like so many others. This was Oreo's group buy on castboolits a few years ago, he is responsible for the bullet design, and it's a pretty good one. We ended up with three sets of pins for WFN, shallow hp, and deep hp; both hp shapes are straight cones. The deep one works great for 40 S&W and short-barrel 10mm, and the shallow cone is great for high velocity 10mm.

Here is a picture of that bullet fired into newsprint from my 6.6" G20 longslide (center two bullets @1325 fps) and a stock G20 barrel (left side, 1250 fps). This was the shallow cone configuration.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Yondering; 10/12/16.