Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I hunt a lot in very close cover, Florida swamps and palmetto thickets. A .44 Mag lever rifle does that sort of thing perfectly.

My thoughts exactly.

However, I have never experienced anything like Rick stated. 70 people hunting deer in the same place plus a pack of dogs? I just don't know what to think of it. Honestly. Sounds.......crazy grin May be a good time though. I will say it is not how I would ever prefer to deer hunt. But may be cool once a year or something. We don't use dogs either. Some do for bear though. I like my quiet solitude in the woods when possible. But am not totally unsociable. It is just something I am completely unfamiliar with. Sure we do deer drives sometimes. But maybe 5-6 people and no dogs.

My feeling is that some feel the buckshot to be better in a "spray and pray" type situation, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sounds like a lot of potentially wounded deer to me. But I am all for whatever is legal and personal choice. I just hope that hunters are responsible enough not to abuse the freedoms they have been afforded at the expense of the deer.

Not sure if deer drives with dozens of hunters and dogs were considered by the OP, but I guess in certain situations, in which I have no experience, buckshot may have it's place. As stated by Randy and Rick. For myself, however, I doubt I will ever use it on a deer..........

I'm with you on not caring for deer drives.

But the folks that say shotguns ain't cutting it, go use a pistol? Geez I don't think I want to hang around with a crowd whose brain accepts that eitehr....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....