Originally Posted by Slidellkid
FLdoghunter,

Yes, I did mean 00 buck. It has 18 pellets, not the 15 found in a 3 inch shell. Shell produces about 50 pounds of free recoil....it's a lot to handle. The Winchester 3.5 inch super high velocity actually caused my shotgun to jump completely out of my hands a couple of times; though it was real fast and you could hear the difference of the impact on the pattern board, it didn't pattern well at all in my Remington shotgun. The Remington buckshot patterned very tight.....like 18 inches in diameter at 40 yards, but all other brands sucked in my gun. You really have to do a lot of testing to have the best performing shotgun when it comes to buckshot.

I had pretty much the same results with my Benelli. Winchester 18 pellet load shot horrible. The black 15 pellet load didn't do too bad, around a 20" pattern at 40 that was very even. Then the Remington does great. Not only will it put all the pellets in 13", but about 12 of those are in a very tight 8" core. I used to load green shell, black shell green shell black shell, trying to cover all my bases. I killed one deer with the gun loaded like this. The second shot sounded and felt so much different than the first shot, that it messed me up. I hesitated for a few seconds thinking I had blown my gun up or something. I quit loading it that way after that and just figured I better remember to aim, especially on close shots. I still load a 3" black shell as the last shot. I modified my SBE2 to be able to float a shell, then it will hold 2 3.5s in the tube and one 3, for a total of 5. It won't hold 3 3.5s in the tube.